Jute is an edible leafy vegetable, rich in vitamins and fiber. Jute in Assamese called Mora xaak. Jute leaves can be added in lentil soup. I add knotted jute leaves in lentil curry. We can make Khar recipe with jute leaves. Today I'm going to share a fritter recipe of jute leaves.
Also check :
Malabar Spinach Fritters
Assamese Style Jute Leaves Fritters ( Mora Xaakor Bor) :
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 5 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 15 minutes
🕞Total : 20 minutes
- 5-6 tender leaves of jute leaves picked from the tip with stems
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour or semolina
- 1/4 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tbsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- Wash jute leaves with stems under running water and soak in salted water.
- For batter take a bowl. Add chickpea flour+rice flour+cumin powder+coriander powder+red chilli powder+salt. Add water as required. Mix them properly. Don't make it too thick or too thin.
- Dip jute leaves with stems one by one into the batter.
- Now in a pan heat oil. Fry batter coated jute leaves in oil till golden brown or till the fritters become crispy.
- Serve hot. Don't serve once the fritters become cold, because it'll lost its crispness.