Malabar spinach leaves fritters are very tasty fritters which can be served as a snack or as a side dish with steamed rice. The fleshy thick malabar spinach leaves are dipped into a spicy chickpea batter and then fried till golden brown or till crisp in oil. Here in this recipe I'm using ruba or the red variety of malabar spinach. Check the recipe below.
Also check :
Night flowering jasmine leaves fritters
Malabar Spinach Fritters | Puroi Xaakor Bor
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 5 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 15 minutes
🕞Total : 20 minutes
- 5-6 malabar spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour or semolina
- 1/4 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tbsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- Wash Malabar spinach leaves under running water and soak in salted water.
- For batter take a bowl. Add chickpea flour+rice flour+cumin powder+coriander powder+red chilli powder+salt. Add water as required. Mix them properly. Don't make it too thick or too thin.
- Dip malabar spinach leaves one by one into the batter.
- Now in a pan heat oil. Fry batter coated malabar spinach leaves in oil till golden brown or till the fritters become crispy.
- Serve hot. Don't serve once the fritters become cold, because it'll lost its crispness.