Pork with mustard greens is a very popular recipe many of you may have tried but have you tried chicken with mustard greens. Mustard greens in Assamese is called Lai xaak and chicken in Assamese is called Kukurar mankho. So the recipe in Assamese is called lai xaakor logot kukurar mankho The recipe is actually very simple. Use fully grown and mature mustard green leaves for better taste. It will be more delicious if you use chicken pieces with its skin and fat. So let's directly go to the recipe.
Chicken with Mustard Greens
📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Indian (Assamese)
🔪Preparation Time : 15 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 25 minutes
🕞Total : 40 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 500 gms chicken cut into small pieces
- 6-7 big mature leaves of mustard greens
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tomato roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash chicken pieces under running water.
- Wash mustard greens leaves under running water. Chop roughly.
- In a pan heat oil. Add ginger-garlic paste. Add chopped onions. Fry till light golden brown. Add turmeric. Stir and add chicken pieces.
- Add salt and cook until chicken pieces become soft and tender. Add little water if required.
- Now add chopped mustard green leaves and green chillies. Mix and cook under medium heat by covering the pan with a lid.
- When the water in mustard greens absorbed completely add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for few minutes until mustard greens cooked well and become tender.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot.