Hey! I'm back again with another Green chilli pickle. Hope you are not bored with my continuous pickle recipes. Summer is meant for pickling and I have still many pickles to made in my mind. Hope you liked my previous green chilli pickle recipe. Today I'm going to share an instant green chilli pickle recipe which you can serve to your guests instantly after making. This green chilli pickle is very easy to prepare. The taste of this pickle is hot and sour. This is similar to the chilli chutney that is usually served in marriage parties. I'm using medium hot Indian variety of green chillies for making this Instant pickle. Green chillies are dipped into the mustard seeds' paste and the use of vinegar makes the pickle sour to taste. You can serve this pickle with rice or roti (Indian bread) as a side dish, but I like to have this pickle with fritters (pakoras) too.
Instant Green Chilli Pickle in Mustard Recipe
📎Course : Pickle
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 20 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 5 minutes
🕞Total : 25 minutes
- 15-20 mature medium hot green chillies
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds (using poppy seeds is optional, if you don't want to use poppy seeds use 1/4 cup of more yellow mustard seeds)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/3 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp hing or asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mustard oil (or as required)
- 1/2 cup vinegar (or as required)
*if you don't have all the spices, don't worry, you can use only mustard seeds paste .
- Wash green chillies under running water and wipe them properly with a clean and dry cloth.
- Cut the chillies lengthwise and make half of them.
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida and nigella seeds till fragrant. Let it cool.
- wash mustard seeds and poppy seeds under running water and let it dry under sun.
- Now in a blender jar take mustard seeds, poppy seeds and all the roasted ingredients. Add vinegar and blend into a fine paste.
- in a pan heat mustard oil. Add everything from the blender.
- Add chillies, salt, sugar and red chilli powder. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and let it cool .
- Now the instant green chilli pickle is ready to serve. Serve it with rice or roti (Indian bread) as a side dish.