Capsicum also known as bell pepper available in red, yellow and green colours are cultivated worldwide and used in many cuisines. Capsicum can be eaten raw and cooked. It can be stir fried, stuffed and roasted. Capsicum fritters are very tasty and very easy to prepare. Pieces of capsicum are dipped into a spicy chickpea batter and then fried till golden brown or till crisp. Capsicum fritters can be served as a snack or as a side dish with rice in lunch or dinner.
Beside taste capsicum is a great source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese and potassium. Here in this recipe I have used green colour capsicum.
Capsicum Fritters | Bell Pepper Fritters
- 1 green capsicum
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour or semolina
- 1/4 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tbsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- Cut capsicum lengthwise into pieces. Remove seeds and soak in salted water.
- For batter take a bowl. Add chickpea flour+rice flour+cumin powder+coriander powder+red chilli powder+salt. Add water as required. Mix them properly. Don't make it too thick or too thin.
- Dip capsicum pieces one by one into the batter.
- Now in a pan heat oil. Fry batter coated capsicum pieces in oil till golden brown or till the fritters become crispy.
- Serve hot. Don't serve once the fritters become cold, because it'll lost its crispness.