Try this spicy chicken curry cooked with everyday Indian spices and serve with rice or roti.
📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 10 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 30 minutes
🕞Total : 40 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 500 gms of chicken
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 big potatoes
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 finly chopped small onion
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- 2 cardamons
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3-5 tsp oil
- salt taste
- In a bowl take hung curd . Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and 1 tsp of salt. Beat properly. Keep aside.
- Cut chicken into pieces. Wash under running water.
- In a large bowl take chicken pieces and add hung curd mix. Mix well. Cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Peel potatos and make 4 pieces each.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add ginger, garlic and sliced onions. Fry till translucent. Drain and keep aside.
- Now in a grinder make a fine paste of fried ginger, garlic and onions. Keep aside.
- In another pan heat the remaining oil. Take out the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and fry till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the same oil fry potato pieces till light golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil. Add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cardamoms and cloves. Add chopped onions. Fry till translucent.
- Now add fried potatoes and chicken pieces.
- Add tomato puree. Mix well.
- Add onion paste. Add more salt if required according to your taste
- Add 2 cups of water.
- In medium heat cook until potatoes and chicken pieces become soft and tender.
- Add more water if required.
- Add garam masala 5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Remove from heat when the gravy becomes thicker.
- Serve hot.