Gnocchi (pronounced as nyoki) are a variety of pasta originating from Italy. Potato Gnocchi (Gnocchi de patate) are like small and soft dumplings made from potato, flour and egg. You can buy potato gnocchi from the market but it's actually very easy to make at home. Here is a step by step guide with photographs about how to make potato gnocchi at home.
How To Make potato Gnocchi (Gnocchi De Patate) At Home
📎Cuisine : Italian
🔪Preparation Time : 45 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 15 minutes
🕞Total : 1 hour
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of flour (maida)
- Boil potatoes in salty water.
- Peel potatoes.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the help of a fork or potato masher.
- Add egg and mix well with the mashed potatoes.
- Now add flour. Make a nice dough. Add more flour if required and knead the dough properly until form a ball.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each parts into long and thin shape.
- With the help of a knife cut into small pieces. Mark each small pieces with the help of a fork to make ridges that can hold sauce.
- Now in a heavy bottomed pan heat water. Add pinch of salt.
- Add the small dumplings into the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and your gnocchi are ready. Toss in sauce or cook as you like.
STEP-BY-STEP RECIPE WITH PHOTOGRAPHS:
|Take 5 boiled potatoes|
|Smoothly mash potatoes|
|Mix egg with mashed potatoes|
|Make a nice dough|
|Make a ball shaped dough|
|Make 8 parts|
|Make long and thin rolls|
|Cut into small pieces|
|Mark with fork|
|Remove from water|
|Easy Vegetable Gnocchi|