Roselle (টেঙামৰা) or Hibiscus is used as a vegetable in Assamese cuisine. Roselle leaves are used to a make sour fish curry. Roselle fruits are also used in making fish and lentil curries. The red calyx of roselle fruits are use to make Roselle jam. Today I have tried pork with roselle and the result is fantastic. I have used red calyx of roselle fruits. It also has a sour flavor. You can also cook pork with roselle leaves.
If you like pork then you can also try pork with mustard greens.
Pork with Roselle recipe
📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Assamese
🔪Preparation Time : 10 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 30 minutes
🕞Total : 40 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 500 gms pork
- 6-7 big and mature roselle fruits
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut pork into cube sized pieces. Wash under running water.
- In a pressure cooker boil pork for 2 whistles. Drain water and keep the pork pieces aside.
- Separate the red calyx from the seedpod of roselle fruits.
- In a pan heat oil. Add ginger-garlic paste. Add chopped onions. Fry till light golden brown. Add turmeric. Stir and add pork pieces.
- Add salt.
- Stir and fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add red calyx of roselle fruits. Add chopped green chillies. Mix well and cook under medium heat by covering the pan with a lid.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of water. Close the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot.