Continuing with my pickle recipes, today I'm going to share a simple garlic pickle recipe which you can serve instantly. There are many different garlic pickle recipes and this one is sour and spicy. I love garlic pickle. I don't remember from where I learned this recipe but I liked to enjoy garlic pickle whenever and wherever I got the chance to taste it. So I apply my own ideas in making garlic pickles or any other pickles. Indian pickles are more than just preserving. It contains oil and spices which makes it more flavourful. So without further delay let's jump to the recipe below.
Garlic Pickle Recipe
📎Course : Pickle
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 20 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 5 minutes
🕞Total : 25 minutes
- 1 cup of garlic cloves
- 4-5 dry red chilies
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/3 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp hing or asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup mustard oil (or as required)
- 1/4 cup vinegar (or as required)
- Peel the garlic cloves and wash under running water.
- wash mustard seeds and dry red chillies under running water and let it dry under sun together with garlic cloves.
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida and nigella seeds till fragrant. Let it cool.
- Now in a blender jar take mustard seeds, dry red chilies and all the roasted ingredients. Add vinegar and blend into a rough paste.
- In a pan heat mustard oil. Pour everything from the blender.
- Add salt and red chilli powder. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and let it cool .
- Now garlic pickle is ready to serve. Serve it with rice or roti (Indian bread) as a side dish.