I am Mrs Priyanka Chaliha Bhattacharjee, a former PR Executive, presently a homemaker. I reside at Makum with my hubby Abhishek and a 5 yrs old son Priyam. I'm a simple person who goes about life as it comes, who has her imperfections. I have an ardent interest in food which includes both eating and cooking. Today I'm going to share Mughlai Shahi Paneer Recipe (Mughlai Paneer in White Gravy). In this recipe soft paneer cubes are simmered in rich and creamy white gravy.
Mughlai Shahi Paneer (Paneer in White Gravy) by Priyanka Chaliha Bhattacharjee
📎Course : Main Course
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 20 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 20 minutes
🕞Total : 40 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 175 gms Paneer or cottage cheese cut into 1/2 inch cube sized pieces
- 2tbsp Cashews
- 1 medium sized Onion
- 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/3 tsp Green chilly paste
- 2 Cloves
- 3 Peppercorn
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Shahi jeera
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Beaten curd
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- Pinch of Suger
- 1 tbsp Ghee or butter
- Salt to taste
- Some cheery for garnishing
- First soak the cashews in half cup of water for 15-20 minutes, and a make a smooth paste.
- Add a cup of water and the whole onion in a pan. cook till onion is soft.
- Take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, once hot add in all the whole spices cloves, peppercorn, bay leaf, cinnemon, shahi jeera and saute. .
- Add in the pureed onions and cook till it leaves the sides.
- Bow it's time to add in garlic ginger paste along with green chilly paste.Fry till you get a nice aroma.
- Add in salt, sugar, coriander masala powder and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the prepared cashews paste. Stir well.
- Then add the beaten curd and cook for another 5 minutes, and pour a cup of water in the pan and cook for a minute. Adjust water of according to your preference.
- While the gravy is being cooked, cut the paneer in cubes and add in, in the gravy.
- Add fresh cream and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with some cherry and serve hot with Naan or pulao.