Spinach is the king of green leafy vegetables with lots of health benefits. Spinach is one of the richest source of iron, vitamins and minerals. Tender, fresh spinach is an excellent ingredient in many Indian dishes. Eat spinach as raw or cooked for excellent health benefits this winter. Add spinach in salad, make chutney, make fritters or add as an ingredient in fish and meat curry recipes. If you like eating spinach, I'm sure you'll like the below spinach recipes :
• Spinach with Cottage Cheese
• Fish with Spinach
• Iron rich fish curry with spinach
• Chicken with Spinach
Omelette with Spinach curry is a delicious Indian style omelette curry recipe served as a side dish with rice or roti. This recipe is a very easy to prepare. Make the omelette separetly and then the spinach curry separately. At last just add the strips of omelette into the curry. As I preferred less spicy, I'm adding less spices in this curry but you may modify your curry by adding more spices if you like to eat more spicy food.
Omelette with Spinach curry recipe
📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 20 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 15 minutes
🕞Total : 15 minutes
🍴Servings : 4
🍴Servings : 4
- 4 eggs
- A bunch of spinach
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1/3 tsp ajwain
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- For omelette :- in a small bowl beat eggs by just adding only salt and make a large omelette. You can add powdered spices and chopped onions, chills, coriander leaves and tomatoes etc., but I made it plain. Now transfer the omelette to a cutting board and with the help of a knife make slice into strips.
- Wash spinach under running water. Boil spinach, drain and let it becomes cool.
- In a blender blend the boiled spinach into a fine paste.
- In a pan heat oil. Add chopped onions. Fry till translucent. Add chopped tomatoes. Fry till oil separates.
- Now add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt. Stir and fry. Add spinach paste from the blender. Mix well.
- Add omelette strips and saute over high heat till glossy.
- Add 1/4 cups of water and bring to boil. Simmer and add garam masala and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cream. Mix well.
- Remove from heat. Serve with roti or rice.