This is my third recipe on paneer or cottage cheese.
Paneer consist of 4 percent fat and 11 percent protein. So it is a high source of protein. There are many health benefits of paneer. Paneer is very good in taste and there are many varieties of dishes of paneer such as sahi paneer, paneer butter masala, paneer tikka masala , dhania paneer, matar paneer etc. etc.
Palak paneer or cottage cheese with spinach is a simple dish of Indian cuisine. It's very easy to prepare and very yummy too. Serve palak paneer with roti (Indian bread). I am using here very less amount of spices and cooked it in a very home style manner.
- 250 gms of paneer
- A bunch of spinach
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1/3 tsp ajwain
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut paneer into cube sized pieces.
- Wash spinach under running water. Boil spinach, drain and let it becomes cool.
- In a blender blend the boiled spinach into a fine paste.
- In a pan heat oil. Add chopped onions. Fry till translucent. Add chopped tomatoes. Fry till oil separates.
- Now add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt. Stir and fry. Add spinach paste from the blender. Mix well.
- Add paneer pieces and saute over high heat till glossy.
- Add 1/4 cups of water and bring to boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add garam masala and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add cream. Mix well.
- Remove from heat. Serve with roti.
You may also like =