- 10-15 okra or ladies' fingers
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp nigella seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1/3 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Wash ladies' fingers or okra in running water. Cut both the ends and make two parts of each.
- Soak yellow mustard seeds in warm water for half an hour. Make a fine paste of it and also add green chillies while making paste.
- In a pan heat oil. Add nigella seeds. When crackling, add okra. Add turmeric, cumin and coriander powder. Stir and mix. Cover the pan. In a medium heat cook for sometime.
- Add salt and cook until okra is cooked by covering the pan, stirring occasionally.
- Add mustard seeds paste and half cup of water. Simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add garam masala.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot.