Elephant apple, ghost chilli or bhoot jolokia, long coriander or maan dhania are the specialty of Assam. Pork with elephant apple and bhoot jolokia is a special recipe of this part of India. The taste of elephant apple is too sour and the taste of bhoot jolokia is too hot. So it's a hot and sour pork recipe and it's so tempting that every pork lover will definitely love it.
Pork with elephant apple and ghost chilli (bhoot jolokia)
📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 20 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 30 minutes
🕞Total : 50 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 500 gms pork
- 1 elephant apple
- 1 bhoot jolokia, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp corriander powder
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Long coriander (maan dhania), chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cut pork into cube sized pieces and wash it properly under running water. In a pressure cooker boil pork pieces upto 1 or 2 whistles. Now drain and keep the pork pieces aside.
- Remove the outer green parts of the elephant apple and its inner part also. From other remainings make equal slices. Use a small baby elephant apple if possible. It will taste better.
- Now in a pan heat oil. Put the elephant apple pieces. Stir fry . Drain and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add chopped ginger, garlic and onion. Fry for few seconds till golden brown. Now add chopped bhoot jolokia, turmeric , cumin and coriander powder. Stir and add boiled pork pieces. Add salt. Fry for few minutes.
- Now add slices of elephant apple.Do not over fry because elephant apple may melt and it will spoil the dish. Add chopped long coriander. Then remove from heat. Serve hot with rice.