The recipe of Fish curry with mustard greens (Lai Xaak)
- 4 pieces of fish(any)
- 1 bunch of mustard greens
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2+1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 green chillies
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash fish pieces and rub with salt and turmeric powder. Wash mustard greens and chopped it roughly. Cut tomato in pieces, no need to make a fine chop. Chop green chillies.
- In a pan heat oil. Fry fish pieces. Drain and keep it aside.
- In the remaining oil add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder. Add chopped mustard greens. Stir and fry. Add tomato pieces, green chillies and salt. Stir and fry. Add 1 cup of water. Bring to boil. Cook until mustard greens become soft.
- Add fried fish pieces. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot with rice.