If you like curry leaves than you will definitely like this fish curry with curry leaves. Curry leaves are consumed and used in Indian cooking in different ways. It adds a special flavour to every dish.
Besides flavour curry leaves has some health benefits too. Curry leaves are rich in iron, folic acid, carbohydrates, calcium, fiber, phosphorous and vitamin A, B, C and E.
Besides adding it to different Indian dishes curry leaves can be consumed raw too. You can try other dishes of curry leaves that I have already shared in this blog.
Also try :
Fish curry with curry leaves is served in main course with steamed rice.
Fish Curry With Curry Leaves
- 2 pieces of Rohu fish
- 1 potato
- 1/2 tsp panch phoron
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 bunch of curry leaves
- 1/2 + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1-2 cups water and
- salt to taste
- Boil potato, peel and mash properly. Keep aside.
- Wash curry leaves under running. Separate leaves from the stems. Keep aside.
- Wash fish pieces under running water and rub with salt and turmeric.
- In a pan heat mustard oil. Fry fish pieces and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add panch phoron. When crackling add ginger garlic paste.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until oil separates.
- Add curry leaves, chopped green chillies and mashed potatoes. Mix everything well.
- Add salt.
- Add water and fish pieces.
- Close the lid and cook for sometimes on medium heat until the gravy becomes thicker. Add more water if required.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot with steamed rice.