This Pomegranate raita or Anar ka raita is a delicious accompaniment made using curd or yogurt and pomegranate seeds. Raita is an Indian style of recipe specially served as an accompaniment with pulao or biryani made of curd and fruits, vegetables or boondi (fried droplets of batter made from chickpea flour).
Pomegranate in Hindi called anar and in Assamese called dalim (ডালিম). Pomegranate is one of the healthiest fruit on earth. The skin of pomegranate is thick and not edible. Inside the thick skin there are hundreds of red coloured edible seeds.
Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C, potassium and fiber. Pomegranate seeds contain antioxidant which can help protect the body from inflammation and remove free radicals.
📎Course : Accompaniment
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 5 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 0
🕞Total : 5 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 1 pomegranate (dalim)
- 1 cup curd (yogurt)
- 1/3 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- Remove the thick skin of pomegranate. Take out the pomegranate seeds.
- Whisk curd until smooth.
- Add black salt, cumin powder, red chilli powder and chat masala. Mix well.
- Add pomegranate seeds and finely chopped mint leaves.
- Mix everything well.
- Keep it in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.