Pabo catfish is a fresh water fish found in lakes and rivers. Pabo catfish taste best when cooked with mustard seeds paste. In this recipe I tried to bake pabo catfish. Here in this recipe I used simple ingredients available in every Indian kitchen like turmeric and mustard oil. Turmeric is used as a cooking ingredient since time immemorial in Indian cuisines. It is now proved to be one of the main factor for strong immune system of indians as turmeric contains both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Whereas mustard oil is called the Indian version of olive oil as mustard oil can be consumed as raw too. Now let's check the baked pabo catfish recipe. In this recipe I'm using lemon, garlic and potatoes also. Serve this as a side dish with steamed rice.
Also check : Pabo Catfish with Mustard Seeds Paste.
Baked Pabo Catfish With Lemon Garlic & Potatoes
🔪Preparation Time : 10 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 20 minutes
🕞Total : 30 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
- 2 whole pabo catfish
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Few garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 parboiled potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped lemon basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- salt to taste
- Clean and wash pabo catfish under running water.
- Rub fish with turmeric powder and mustard oil.
- As pabo catfish is a medium sized fish, you cannot stuff anything inside the cavity of the fish.
- In a baking pan place all the ingredients, fish, sliced lemon, garlic cloves and sliced potatoes.
- Sprinkle pepper and finely chopped lemon basil leaves.
- In a preheated oven roast for 20 minutes.