Potato croquettes are fried potato rolls, coated in breadcrumbs, crispy from outside and soft from inside. In Indian potato croquettes are called aloo chop or potato chop.
These potato croquettes are actually very easy to make. You can use your leftover boil potatoes to make it. You can also add meat, vegetables, cheese or anything of your choice. The only rule to make these croquettes are that you have to roll croquettes over breadcrumbs and fry in oil.
Today I am going to share a easy vegan aloo chop recipe. Try it at home and don't forget to subscribe to my blog for more such easy recipes.
📎Course : Appetizer
📎Cuisine : World
🔪Preparation Time : 20 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 20 minutes
🕞Total : 40 minutes
🍴Servings : 4
🍴Servings : 4
- 2 big potatoe
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 inch chopped ginger
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot and beans
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- First in a pressure cooker take the potatoes and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Cook for 2-3 whistles. Remove the cooker from heat and let it cool itself.
- Now take out the boiled potatoes and let them become warm or cool.
- In a pan take the chopped vegetables (carrot and beans). Add 1 cup of water and boil for few minutes until they become soft and tender. Drain and keep aside.
- Peel potatoes. In a large bowl mash the boiled potatoes.
- Add boiled vegetables, chopped onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Add cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt. Mix everything well.
- Take a portion and make into a roll shape. You can make 8 cutlets from that much of ingredients.
- Now roll each potato rolls into bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan. Now fry each potato croquette in shallow oil until brown on each side.
- Serve hot.