" The best way to know a city is to explore it's cuisine and to eat like a local."
Food tourism is one of the fastest growing travel trend . Every corner of the Planet has its own unique cuisine . A travel cannot complete without food. Travelling and eating go together . As a culinary traveler food is always the central part of my travel. I've always love food. So as my hubby and my kids too. So we took our eating habits on road and connected the world to our stomachs. Food has the ability to shape a journey and create great memories. As food is an essential part of every community so without food there is no authentic travel experiences. Every destination has its own exotic cuisines and recipes whether it is America's best BBQ or Italy's best pasta, Japan's best Susi or Hongkong's best sea food.
Following are the FIVE tips for a culinary traveler :
* Wash your hands properly before eating. If water is not clean or not very much available, always carry with you hand sanitizer and disposable wipes.
* Drink bottled water from a reliable source or of a renowned brand.
* Always carry few medicines with you prescribed by Doctor .
* It is better to avoid street foods. But street foods are a great way to explore local culture and it is also good for your wallet too. So follow some street foods safety tips. (click here)
* Eat at good restaurants. Come prepared with some foodie travel ideas you had before or from your friends or relatives. Gather knowledge about restaurants you have heard before. Then travel will be more fun.
Travelling for food can help us to grow our personality:
Travelling for food can be benefited us in many different ways. We become open to many new experiences. Travelling can helps us to grow our personality . As travel took people outside their comfort zone, travellers have to adapt to new people, new unknown paths, new cuisines, new cultures and challenges. The more important thing is that the distance is not important the more important is how we travel-our mindset, curiosity and openness and connection to the place, and local people. Overall travel can improve our imagination, inner feelings , sensitivity , adventurousness and curiosity.
So when you travel travel with an open mind and a welcoming heart. Let the people, culture, customs and cuisine inspire you . Take interest in them by talking with the locals about their lifestyle, culture and cuisine. By doing so you can open up your own mind growing your own.