The false roselle or Hibiscus acetosella is a similar plant like roselle. The difference is that the leaves of false roselle are red in colour and roselle leaves are green in colour. The false roselle leaves has also sour taste just like the roselle leaves. So like fish and roselle leaves curry we can also make fish and false roselle leaves curry.
Fish and False Roselle leaves Curry
📎Course : Main Course
📎Cuisine : Assamese
🔪Preparation Time : 5 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 20
🕞Total : 25 minutes
🍴Servings : 3
🍴Servings : 3
- 3 pieces of fish (any)
- 1 bunch of false roselle leaves
- 3 big pieces of taro
- 2 tbsp red lentil
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the fish pieces under running water.
- Rub fish pieces with 1/2 tsp of turmeric and salt.
- In a pan heat oil. Fry fish pieces and keep aside. Don't throw the remaining oil.
- In the meantime rinse red lentils.
- Break off the false roselle leaves on its base. Wash and chop the leaves.
- Wash taro pieces.
- In a pressure cooker take red lentils , chopped green chillies, chopped false roselle leaves and taro pieces.
- Add 1 cup of water. Close the lid and in high heat cook for two whistles.
- Now heat the remaining oil and add fenugreek seed.
- When crackling add turmeric powder.
- Pour everything from the cooker.
- Bring to boil.
- Add salt
- Add fish pieces.
- Add 1/2 cup more water if required.
- Cook for few minutes on high heat.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with rice.