Do you love to eat bitter food. Well for many it's very hard to swallow bitter food. Azadirachta indica, most commonly known as neem tree has lots of medicinal value. It's leaves has a bitter taste and has been used in Ayurveda from ancient times in India. Neem leaves has anti bacterial properties which can help in many skin problems. Fresh neem leaves paste can be used in treating few skin problems like insect bites, pimples, itching etc. Like other bitter food, neem leaf is also good for liver function.
You can chew neem leaf raw or by stir frying. But if you make fitters of neem leaves by dipping into a batter and then frying on hot oil, you'll not find it too bitter . Here I'm sharing a simple recipe of neem leaves fritters . Do try this, I'm sure you'll definitely like it.
Neem Leaves Fritters
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 5 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 5 minutes
🕞Total : 10 minutes
- 10-12 neem leaves
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/4 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tbsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- Wash neem leaves under running water.
- For batter take a bowl. Add chickpea flour+rice flour+cumin powder+coriander powder+red chilli powder+salt.
- Add water as required. Mix them properly. Don't make it too thick or too thin.
- Now in a pan heat oil. Dip the neem leaves one by one into the batter. Fry them in oil till golden brown or till the fritters become crispy. Drain, and serve hot.
- Don't serve once the fritters become cold, because it'll lost its crispness.