Hey there! I'm back with another pickle recipe. The season of king of fruits is on. The raw mango pickle is very popular in India. Despite of continuous bad whether since last month, I somehow able to make a bottle of mango pickle last week and is now ready to serve. Raw mango pickle is my daughter's favorite pickle so how can I skip raw mango pickle from my list. As my first batch of raw mango pickle is ready to serve, I'm going to share the recipe with you.
Mango pickle is a condiment made from raw mango, spices, salt and oil. For pickling I use mustard oil only. There are many different methods of making mango pickle and among them this one is the simplest one.
📎Course : Pickle
📎Cuisine : Indian
- 7-8 raw mangoes
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/3 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp hing or asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 or 2 cups of mustard oil
- 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- Wash the raw mangoes under running water. Wipe the mangoes with a dry cloth.
- Slice the raw mangoes. Rub with salt and turmeric. Dry under sun for 1 or 2 days.
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida and nigella seeds till fragrant.
- Let all the ingredients cool and then in a blender blend it into a fine powder.
- In a pan heat mustard oil.
- Add raw mango slices, spice powder from the blender, suger, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar.
- Let it cool.
- Now transfer everything in a glass bottle.
- Keep the bottle under sun for 1 week till the raw mango slices become tender and soft.
- You can preserve it for longer periods but make sure your glass container is air tight. Give the pickle bottle under sun once or twice in a month and shake the bottle sometimes so that the oil in the pickle touches all the ingredients well.