How about a simple and spicy potato curry recipe today. Well it's very easy to cook and full of flavor. Fried potato pieces are simmered in a spicy hung curd gravy. Spicy potato curry is a very popular dish in India. Whenever you don't have any other vegetables in your refrigerator you can make this easy potato curry recipe.
This potato curry goes well with roti, paratha or naan (Indian bread).
I don't often cook this potato curry recipe as my husband is a diabetic patient and eating too much potatoes may not be good for his heath. But my daughter loves to eat potatoes. So sometimes I make this simple potato curry recipe and usually serve with roti.
You can make this spicy potato curry recipe with baby potatoes also. I have already shared another spicy baby potatoes recipe before. Click Here for the recipe.
Spicy Potato Curry Recipe
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 15 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 30 minutes
🕞Total : 45 minutesMETHOD:
🍴Servings : 4
🍴Servings : 4
- 3 big potatoes
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2-3 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil potatoes. Peel off the potatos and roughly chopped into big pieces.
- Take hung curd in a bowl. Add turmeric, cumin, coriander and red chilli powder. Now beat the hung curd to combine everything well
- In a pan heat oil. Slightly fry the potato pieces till become light golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add ginger garlic paste and finely chopped onions. Fry till translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Fry till oil separates .
- Now add curd mix.
- Add fried potatoes.
- Add salt.
- Mix everything well.
- Add 1 cup of water. Bring to boil.
- Cook until the gravy becomes thicker.
- Add garam masala 3-5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Serve hot.