Naga style Chicken with Bamboo shoots📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 15 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 45 minutes
🕞Total : 60 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 500 gms of chicken
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 big potato (optional)
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 king chilli / or any other chilli (amount of chilli according to the taste) chopped
- 2-3 tbsp fermented bamboo shoots water
- 10 slices of fermented bamboo shoots (here I'm using home made fermented bamboo shoots, but you can also use canned fermented bamboo shoots)
- few long coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- Peel off the potato and cut into four pieces. Adding potatoes is optional. I added potatoes as my kids like to eat potatoes with meat curry.
- Cut chicken into pieces. Wash under running water. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan. Add chicken pieces. Stir for few seconds.
- Now Add Potato pieces, ginger garlic paste, chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Add salt. Mix well
- Now in low heat cook for 20 minutes. Close the lid. Stir occasionally.
- After 20 minutes add bamboo shoot's water. Again cook for 5 minutes
- Now add chopped chillies and fermented bamboo shoots.
- Add 1 cups of water. Bring to boil. Then cover the lid. In medium heat cook until potatoes and chicken pieces become soft and tender. Add more water if required.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with chopped long coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.