I made this simple fish salad recipe from small fish cooked in banana leaf. I grow up eating small fish cooked in banana leaf. My mother often used to cook small fish in banana leaf then she makes pitika (mashed) of those fish pieces. Assamese people used to cook many recipes in banana leaf from ages. Turmeric leaf can also be used in-stead of banana leaf in making these recipes. The procedure of cooking small fish in banana leaf or turmeric leaf are the same. To know about the procedure of making Small fish in banana leaf /turmeric leaf >click here
Fish salad : Assamese style
- 1 cup small fish cooked in banana leaf or turmeric leaf
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 leaves of culantro (long coriander ) chopped
- few leaves of lemon basil or thai basil chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- In a bowl take small fish prices cooked in banana or turmeric leaf .
- Add chopped green chillies , chopped onions, chopped culantro and lemon basil leaves.
- Add salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve. Enjoy!