Fish curry with Asiatic Pennywort
Asiatic Pennywort (মানিমুনি) is a medicinal plant which is found in abundance in Assam. Fish curry with Asiatic Pennywort or manimuni is very simple to cook but it taste great. This is one of my all time favorite fish curry recipe. Cheery tomatoes is another ingredient of this recipe. If you have not cheery tomatoes, you can use any other tomatoes.
- 2 fish pieces
- 1 bunch of asiatic pennywort or manimuni
- 1 potato boiled,
- 10+10 cheery tomato
- 2-3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2+1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp black peeper powder
- salt to taste
- Wash asiatic pennywort leaves under running water. In a grinder jar take the asiatic pennywort leaves to make a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Peel of the boiled potato and mashed it properly. Keep aside.
- Wash fish pieces under running water and rub with salt and turmeric.
- In a pan heat oil. Fry fish pieces. Drain and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil. Add chopped garlic cloves. Add turmeric. Add 10 cherry tomatoes and mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Cook for sometimes until oil separates.
- Now pour everything from the grinder jar. Add chopped green chillies. Mix well. Add 1 cup of water. Bring to boil.
- Add fish pieces. Again cook for few minutes by covering the pan in medium heat.
- Add black peeper powder and the remaining 10 cherry tomatoes before removing from heat.
- Serve with rice.