We all know that we have to eat healthy food to remain healthy. Here are some tips on how to cook healthy foods or vegetables and to eat healthy foods to keep our body fit:
● After washing vegetables if possible do not throw away the water. Use it in vegetable or flower plants in your garden.
● If you have any doubt while buying vegetables that the vegetables are of hybrid product that may contains some harmful chemicals, then soak the vegetables in salted water for 10 minutes before peeling or chopping.
● If you need to boil the vegetables, do not throw the remaining water because many vitamins may left back in it . So use it in making soups, gravys or dough of chapati or roti.
● some vegetables have their nutrients in their skin. So peel them as thinly as possible. If possible cook vegetables like potato, cucumber etc. with skin. Boil potatoes with skin as it's nutrition is in its skin.
● chop vegetables in equal size, the dish will look great. In some dishes where potatoes have to add, cut potatoes in a bigger size. Because people who do not like potatoes or diabetic patients could separate potatoes from other veggies.
● Donot boil eggs instantly after taking out from the refrigerator, the egg shells will break. Add pinch of salt in the egg boiling water. It will increase the boiling point and the egg shells will not break.
● store leafy vegetables in a thick plastic bag tightly in a refrigerator. It will keep the veggies fresh for long time.
● While boiling chowmin, noodles or pastas add pinch of salt and oil. After boiling instantly run it under cold watet, drain and transfer into a flat vessel. The nooldles will not stick to each other.
● While making chapaties or rotis add pinch salt, oil and warm water into the flour and knead the dough. Rest it at least for 15 minutes before making rotis. Make the round shapes and rub with dry flour and keep it in a air tight container for long storage (1-2 days).
● While boiling plain rice add little oil in it. Rice will not stick after cooking.
● Always use heavy bottom pot to boil milk or making kheer. The milk will not burn.
● Donot make salad instantly after taking out the vegetables from refrigerator. And donot add salt instantly to it. Because water will come out from the veggies and it will spoil the look of the salad. So make salad after half an hour of taking out the vegetables from refrigerator.
● Do not eat sour and bitter together. Eat one by one. Eating together may cause poison sometimes.
● After eating too hot or too spicy food eat sweet or eat curd or raita.
● Always keep a sanitizer with you while going out. Because if no water is found in some places , specially while eating street food, you can use sanitizer to wash your hands before eating.
So these are few tips that I do follow . Hope everyone like it. In my next blog post I will provide some tips on cooking fish and meat.