Banana flower or banana blossom (কলডিল) is one of the most healthiest vegetable with lots of health benefits.
Banana flower is also known as banana heart or koldil in Assamese. Banana flower is loaded with calcium, iron, protein, fiber, vitamin E and many more healthy substances. Banana flower is good for anaemia and doctors also prescribed to eat banana flowers to anaemic patients. We can make soup and curry of banana flower. Here is a simple recipe you can try at home.
Banana Flower Fritters :
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 10 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 15 minutes
🕞Total : 25 minutes
- 1 cup banana florets
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/4 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tbsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- Remove the outer pink coloured layer. Take out some banana florets which are edible.
- Now take out the middle stems from each florets and soak those banana florets on salty water.
- For batter take a bowl. Add chickpea flour+rice flour+cumin powder+coriander powder+red chilli powder+salt.
- Add water as required. Mix them properly. Don't make it too thick or too thin.
- Now in a pan heat oil. Dip 3-4 banana florets together in the batter. Fry them in oil till golden brown or till the fritters become crispy. Drain, and serve hot.
- Serve as a snack with chutney or as a starter.