Chicken with spinach curry or Chicken saag is a classic Indian chicken curry recipe cooked with spinach. Spinach is an excellent source of many vitamins and iron. So this recipe is full of flavor as well as nutrients.
To know more about spinach recipes on my blog > click:
•Fish with spinach curry
•Spinach with cottage cheese
Chicken with Spinach curry
📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 20 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 40 minutes
🕞Total : 60 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 500 gms of chicken
- spinach, 1 bunch
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 big potato (optional)
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/3 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/3 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2-3 tbsp mustard oil
- salt taste
- Wash spinach under running water. Boil spinach, drain and let it cool.
- In a blender blend the boiled spinach with green chillies into a fine paste.
- Peel potato and make 4-5 pieces.
- Cut chicken into pieces. Wash under running water. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil. Add ginger garlic paste and chopped onions. Fry till translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Fry till oil separates.
- Add chicken pieces. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Potatoes and again fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder.Mix well.
- Again fry for some time until oil separates.
- Add salt.
- Now add spinach paste. Mix well. Bring to boil.
- Add 2 cups of water. Then cover the lid. Cook until potatoes and chicken pieces become soft. Add more water if required. Stir occasionally .
- Add garam masala and cream 5 minutes before removing from heat.Mix well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.