Fish pulao is a tasty Indian recipe which I cooked last sunday. So today I'm sharing this delicious recipe with you. Serve this recipe in lunch or dinner with raita, pickle or veg salad.
• 1 cup basmati rice
• onion finely chopped
• 15-20 cashew nuts
• 2 green cardamom
• 1 inch cinnamon stick
• 3 cloves
• 4-5 tbsp cooking oil
• 2 tbsp ghee ( clarified butter )
• Salt -1/3 tbs
• Sugar - 2 tbsp
• 250 gms fish(any) cut into medium cube sized pieces
•1/2 tbsp turmeric Powder
• 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
• 1 onion chopped
• 1 tomato chopped
• 2 tbsp cream
• 1/3 tbsp cumin powder
• 1/3 tbsp coriander powder
• 1/3 tbsp red chili powder
• 2 to 3 tbsp oil
• salt to taste
1. Wash the rice under running water. Drain and keep aside.
2. Wash the fish pieces under running water. Rub with salt and turmeric.
3. In a pan heat oil. Fry the fish pieces. Drain and keep aside.
4. In the remaining oil add chopped onions, saute till light brown, add ginger garlic paste . Stir and add chopped tomatoes. Fry till oil separates.
5. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and red chili powder.
6. Add fish pieces, gently mix it with the spice mixture and give a nice coat of spice. Lower the flame, cover the pan with lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add salt and cream. Mix well.
8. Remove from heat. Keep aside.
9. I a pressure cooker pan heat oil. Add cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. When they are fragrant, add chopped onions, fry it until it is golden brown.
9. Add cashew nuts, salt and sugar. Mix and add rice, mix it well . Fry rice until colour changes from white to light golden brown.
10. Now add the fish pieces together with the gravy.
11. Add 2 cups of water. Cover the lid. Cook for 1 or 2 whistles.
12. Remove from heat. Let the cooker open itself.
13. 0pen the cooker and add ghee.
14. Serve with any Raita recipe.