Fish curry with skunk vine | Bhedai lota aru mas
📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Indian(Assamese)
🔪Preparation Time : 15 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 30 minutes
🕞Total : 45 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
- 4 pieces fish
- 1 bunch of skunk vine
- 2 potatos
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2+1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp peeper
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash skunk vine leaves under running water and in a blender blend into a fine paste.
- Filter the liquid through a strainer and keep aside.
- Boil, peel and mashed potatoes. Keep aside.
- Wash fish pieces. Rub with salt and turmeric.
- In a pan heat oil. Fry fish pieces and keep aside. Don't throw the remaining oil.
- Add chopped garlic and mashed potatoes . Add turmeric. Mix well.
- Add the skunk vine liquid.
- Add fried fish pieces. Add salt and pepper. Add little water if require.
- Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
STEP BY STEP METHOD:
1. Wash skunk vine leaves under running water.
2. In a blender blend into a fine paste.
3. Through a strainer filter the liquid.
5. Peeled and mashed it.
6. Wash fish prices. Rub with salt and turmeric powder. In a pan heat oil. Fry fish pieces. Drain and keep fried pieces aside.
7. In the remaining oil, add chopped garlic.
8. Add mashed potatoes.
9. Add turmeric powder. Mix well.
10. Add skunk vine leaves' filtered liquid. Add 1 cup of water if required. Bring to boil.
11. Add fish pieces.
12. Add salt.
13. Add peeper.