Pasta is a type of noodle originally from Italy typically made from durum wheat and water or eggs. Pasta can be of different shapes and cooked by boiling in water . Now a days most products found as pasta are made from common wheat.
Pasta can be cooked in many different ways. Masala pasta recipe is an Indian style pasta recipe cooked with different Indian spices. It's a very easy and simple recipe that can be prepared in just no time. Serve this recipe at breakfast or pack it in your kid's school tiffin box.
Masala Pasta recipe (Indian style pasta recipe)
• For cooking pasta
- 1 cup pasta
- 3 cups of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2-3 drops oil
• For masala base
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/3 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/3 tbsp garam masala powder
• 1 onion
• 1 tomato
• 1 capsicum
• 2 tbsp tomato sauce
• 1 tbsp chilli sauce (optional)
• 2 tbsp oil
• salt to taste
- Boil pasta in 3 cups of water. Add pinch of salt and few drops of oil. Drain and wash under running water . Keep aside.
- Make slices of onion, tomato and capsicum. Keep aside. Here you may also use other vegetables like carrot, beans etc.
- In a pan heat oil. Add chopped onions and fry till translucent. Add chopped tomatoes and fry till oil separates. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Now add onion, tomato and capsicum slices. Mix well. Add salt and cook for few minutes.
- Add boiled pasta. Mix well with the veggies and masala.
- Add salt.
- Now add tomato sauce and chilli sauce. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot.