Sweet, sour and hot chutney
Recipe of Rupohi Thekera chutney :
• 8-10 mature rupohi thekera
•1/2 cup sugar
• 1 small piece of jaggery (gur)
•1 tbsp vegetable oil
•3-4 whole green chillies
•1/2 tbsp panch phoron
• 1 bay leaf (tejpat)
• 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
1. Wash rupohi thekera under running water. Make slices .
2. In a pan, heat oil. Add bay leaf and panch phoron. When crackling, add sliced rupohi thekera. Cook for some time.
6. Add sugar and jaggery. Cook until sugar and jaggery melts. Add red chilli powder.
8. Stir consistently until great amount of water gradually evaporates and until the chutney thickens.
9. Remove from heat. Let it cool.
Rupohi thekera sweet, sour and hot chutney is ready to serve.
Serve it with rice or roti as a side dish.