A good day is a good day, a bad day is when you have skipped breakfast. Our happiness depends on that one meal - breakfast. With a full belly we can think rationally and make proper decisions throughout the day.
Sometimes we get into a routine with serving up the same style of sunny side up, toast butter with a cup of tea. That is the main reason why people don't enjoy eating in the mornings.
But yes, mornings can be made magical on the breakfast table. Trying out a new innovative yet easy way to prepare eggs today.
Let's stir up some healthy cheesy Akuri ( Parsi style masala scrambled eggs) Note the ingredients and method of preparation below.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 green chilly
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp oil, ghee or butter
- 1 cheese cube
- Coriander leaves
1. Finely chop the onions, chillies, tomatoes and coriander leaves.B
2.Take a mixing bowl and break the eggs. Beat it well with a fork.
3. Heat oil, butter or ghee in a kadai or non stick vessel. Now tip in the onions. Cook till translucent.
4.Add the green chilly and tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes are done.
5. Add the dry spices powders and ketchup now.
6. Lower the flame and add the beaten eggs, salt and pepper. Stir the mixture continuously. The eggs will start to cook.
7.Keep on stirring. Otherwise the eggs will start sticking to the bottom of the pan.If the egg is sticking to the pan then add 1-2 tsp of oil or butter.
8. Cook the eggs till almost firm, remove from the pan.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and grated cheese.
Akuri is best enjoyed with buttered toast, bun maska, ketchup and Masala chai. You can try a variation of Akuri with fresh green garlic for added flavour.
Hope you will enjoy this special breakfast dish and prepare it in your household too. For many such easy and yummy recipes check CookwithSweetannu.com
I also blog at Sweetannu.com that is a lifestle blog. I celebrate my fifth anniversary this year.