If you don't have roasted ground rice flour don't worry , you can roast rice flour or rice powder in low heat in a pan . You can also use simple rice powder. The idea of using rice flour is to make the curry thicker.
Egg and potato curry with ground roasted rice flour and grated fermented bamboo shoots
📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Assamese
🔪Preparation Time : 20 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 30 minutes
🕞Total : 50 minutes
🍴Servings : 3
🍴Servings : 3
- 3 eggs boiled
- 2 potatoes boiled
- 1-2 tbsp ground roasted rice flour (xandoh guri) *you can also use simple rice powder in case you don't have roasted ground rice flour
- 1 tbsp grated and fermented bamboo shoots
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2+1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- salt to taste
- Peel the eggs. Rub eggs with 1/2 tbsp turmeric.
- In a pan heat oil. Fry the eggs till golden brown. Keep aside. Keep the remaining oil.
- Peel potatoes and make it's pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil. Add ginger garlic paste and chopped onions. Fry till translucent . Add chopped tomatoes. Fry till oil separates.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add ground roasted rice flour and grated fermented bamboo shoots. Mix well.
- Add potatoes. Mix well and fry for some time.
- Add 2 cups of water. Bring to boil.
- Add eggs .
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed rice.