This recipe is for my those blog followers (specially from US) who has a temptation for Indian fish curry. This recipe need not much afford and can easily prepare with simple ingredients. Indian recipes needs much afford as it requires different spices to prepare and US people hardly store so many Indian spices in their kitchen. This recipe may also useful for beginners and bachelors. And off course this recipe is for busy and lazy people like me too.
In this recipe I'm using tomato based pizza or pasta sauce together with mustard seeds' paste. You can use any ready made pizza sauce and mustard paste or if you like you can make it yourself. Here I'm using ready-made pizza sauce but I made mustard seeds' paste myself . For mustard seeds' paste I'm using yellow mustard seeds. Yellow mustard seeds are less bitter than black mustard seeds. Soak yellow mustard seeds in warm water for few minutes and then make a fine paste. Here you can use any ready-made mustard seeds' paste also.
As we Indians eat fish curry with rice only so serve this easy fish curry with steamed rice.
Easy Fish Curry Recipe
📎Course : Main Course
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 5 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 20
🕞Total : 25 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 4 pieces of fish (any)
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce (tomato based)
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds' paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Wash fish pieces under running water. Rub with salt and turmeric.
- In a pan heat oil. Fry fish pieces. Drain and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add pizza sauce.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Add fish pieces.
- Add mustard seeds' paste.
- Add salt.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook for few minutes. Adjust water according to your purpose as how much curry you want.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.