Upma is a South Indian breakfast dish using simple ingredients like curry leaves, black mustard seeds, vegetable etc. Oats are rich in soluble fibers and are considered as one of the healthiest food on earth. Many people starts their day by eating a bowl of oats. Oats can help to reduce bad cholesterol level in the body, lower blood sugar levels and to loose weight. Egg oats upma is a quick breakfast recipe. Instead of egg you can add boiled vegetables to make veg oats upma.
EGG OATS UPMA
- 2 cups oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 big onion chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tbsp oil ( extra oil to make omelet)
- salt to taste
- Dry roast oats for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside. Let it cool.
- Beat egg and salt. In a pan heat oil. Pour in beaten egg to make an omelet. Keep the omelet aside.
- Again heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan. Add black mustard seeds and curry leaves. When crackling add chopped onions and green chillies . Saute for a minute .
- Now add roasted o oats. Saute for another minute in low flame.
- Add 1 cup of water or as much water as required. Add salt. In low heat steam for few minutes by covering the lid.
- Remove from heat .
- Now with a sharp knife make pieces of the omelet. Mix with oats. Egg oats upma is ready to serve.
- Serve hot.