Curry leaves are the leaves of curry plant and are often used in Indian cuisines . Curry leaves are extremely aromatic and are available throughout the year. These leaves also contains many nutritional value as these leaves provide vitamin A, vitamin B, proteins, carbohydrates, amino acids, fiber, calcium etc. Fresh curry leaves can be fried in oil to add depth flavour at the start of cooking. Curry leaves can be consumed as raw by making raw chutney. Curry leaves in Assamese known as Narasingha.
Chicken with curry leaves :
📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Indian
🔪Preparation Time : 20 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 40 minutes
🕞Total : 60 minutes
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 500 gms of chicken
- curry leaves, 1 bunch
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 big potato
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/3 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/3 tbsp black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp mustard oil
- salt taste
- Separate curry leaves from the stems. Wash curry leaves under running water. In a grinder jar take the curry leaves and green chillies. Add 1/2 cup of water and grind it to make a paste. Strain the curry leaves' paste through a strainer. Keep the liquid portion in a bowl and discard the remaining. Keep aside.
- Peel potato and make 4-5 pieces.
- Cut chicken into pieces. Wash under running water. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil. Add ginger garlic paste and chopped onions. Fry till translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Fry till oil separates.
- Add chicken pieces. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Potatoes and again fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Add cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Mix well. Again fry for some time until oil separates.
- Add salt.
- Now pour curry leaves' liquid. Mix well. Bring to boil.
- Add 2 cups of water. Then cover the lid. Cook until potatoes and chicken pieces become soft. Add more water if required. Stir occasionally.
- Add black pepper 5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.