Khichuri served with roasted papad
When I feel lazy, I cook Khichuri . Khichuri is the only one pot comfort meal which can be prepared quickly and easily with everyday ingredients. Besides easy, khichuri is tasty and healthy too. Khichuri can be served in breakfast, lunch or in dinner too. Khichuri can be served with or without any side dish. Khichuri can be served with mixed vegetables sabji , eggplant fritters, pickles or with papad.
It's very easy to prepare khichuri in pressure cooker. It saves time.
> Preparation time :
> Cooking time :
> Total = 60 minutes
Serves : 4
• 1 cup rice (any)
• 1cup split moong dal
• 1 small eggplant
• 1 small piece of pumpkin
• 1 small reddish
• 1 potato
• 1/4 cup nuts
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 whole dry red chilli
• 1/2 tsp Panch phuron
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp coriander powder
• 1 tsp red chilli powder
• 2 tbsp mustard oil
• salt to taste
( you can use any vegetables but pumpkin is a must)
1. Take rice in a pressure cooker pot. Rinse it with water. Drain and keep aside.
2. Dry roast moong dal in a heated pan until fragrant . Rinse under running water. Drain and pour it with the rice in the pressure cooker pot.
3. Peel off the pumpkin, reddish and potato. Chop all the vegetables . Wash under running water. Add them into the pressure cooker pot. Add nuts.
4. Add enough water to soak all the ingredients completely .
4. Add salt and turmeric powder.
5. Close the cooker and in high heat cook for 2-3 whistles or more if required .
6. Remove cooker from heat and let it open itself.
7. Now in a pan heat oil. Add whole dry red chilli, bay leaf and punch photon.
8. When crackling pour everything from the cooker.
9. Add cumin powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder.
10. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Now the khichuri is ready to serve.