Raw banana or green banana fritters are very tasty. In Assamese it's called kas kol. These fritters can be served as a starter or as a tea time snack.
●Colocasia leaves fritters
Raw banana fritters/Kas kolor borINGREDIENTS:
- 1 green banana
- 1 potato
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 tbsp turmeric
- 1/3 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/3 tbsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- Boil green banana or raw banana and potato.
- Peel boiled green banana and potato.
- In a bowl mashed potato and green banana.
- Add chopped onions, chopped ginger, salt , turmeric, cumin powder and black pepper. Mix well.
- In a pan heat oil.
- Make small balls from the mashed and dip into the beaten egg.
- Fry these balls till golden brown.
- Now the fritters are ready to serve. Serve hot with green chutney.