Pan fried colocasia leaves fritters is a very simple recipe. It can be serve as a snack with tea or as a starter. It can also be served as a side this with rice.
Colocasia is a tropical plant found in entire northeast India. Its every part is edible. Its leaves, stems and roots. But Some may not like it. And some may be allergic to it. In this recipe use only baby leaves. Leaves which are rolling out.
colocasia leaves fritters/ Kosu pator bor
- Colocasia leaves (baby leaves) 6-8 (small)
- Besan or chickpea flour 1 cup
- Rice flour 1 tbsp
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- Oil required for frying
- salt to taste
- Wash colocasia leaves and soak them in salty water for some time.
- For batter take a bowl. Add chickpea flour+rice flour+turmeric+cumin powder+red chilli powder+salt.
- Add water as required. Mix them properly. Don't make it too thick or too thin.
- Now in a pan heat oil. Dip the colocasia leaves one by one into the batter. Fry them in oil till golden brown or till the fritters become crispy. Drain, and serve hot.
- Don't serve once the fritters become cold, because it'll lost its crispness.