Botlle gourd sabji with lentil dumplings is a simple yet tasty veg recipe that can be served as a side dish with rice. Bottle gourd in Assamese called 'Lau' and in Hindi it's called 'Lauki'. Here I am using sun dries lentil dumplings which are available in the market. Bottle gourd is a very healthy vegetable. Different dishes can be made from this healthy vegetable. I like bottle gourd very much and often cook bottle gourd recipes and this is my first post on bottle gourd.
Sun dried lentil dumplings (urad dal)
Sun dried lentil dumplings (red gram)
Bottle gourd sabji with lentil dumplings | Bor diya Lau sabji📎Course : Main course
📎Cuisine : Bengali
🔪Preparation Time : 15 minutes
♨Cooking Time : 30 minutes
🕞Total : 45 minutesINGREDIENTS:
🍴Servings : 2
🍴Servings : 2
- 2 cup chopped bottle gourd
- 1 potato cut in cube sized pieces (optional)
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp Panch phoron( a mixture of 5 different spices: cumin seeds, black mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds and nigella seeds)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp oil (extra oil if required for frying lentil dumplingd)
- 12-15 dried cone shaped lentil dumplings(any)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry sun dried lentil dumpling. Drain and keep aside. In the remaining oil add panch phoron. When crackling add ginger garlic paste. Stir and add turmeric powder. Add chopped tomatoes. Fry till oil separates.
- Now add chopped bottle gourd. Stir and fry. Cook till water absorbs. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt.cover the pan and cook till bottle gourd becomes soft and tender. Add water if required.
- Add fried lentil dumplings and garam masala. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with rice.